Monday 26 October 2009

Reflection of Website

Now my website is finally finished I now have time to reflect on my work.


I wanted to create quite a sketchy illustrative feel to my website which is in keeping with my work. I have tried to keep a theme through out, using hand written type and imagery created myself. The bird theme has come from a previous illustration project, The Search and therefore links to my portfolio.I have tried to keep a simple layout and navigation bar so it is easy to work my way around the website. There is also a strict colour scheme of black, white and grey; ( with a hint of green), in order not to detract from my work.

The navigation bar is simply split up into different categories about me and my projects. Each rollover differentiates a different project as well as the arrows to flick through work in that particular project. This currently is not functioning now but will happen when more work is uploaded to the site.

Improvements. After taking a proper look at my work, I can find a few things i want to change...
There are leaves missing on some pages therefore i will add them to make the website more consistent.
I think my name should be seen on every page to always identify with the viewer.
Flicking through work may look more professional with a light box behavior?
The text I have written in Bio should be in 1st person to make my website more personal and less formal.
The label on my Contact page should be bigger as the lettering is harder to read this small.
Maybe my blog address should be clickable instead of the screen shot?
The spiel written on the porfolio pages may be hard to read quite small. Possible change of font required?

So quite a few changes then!

No comments:

Post a Comment