Tuesday 27 October 2009

Web Design critique

After displaying my website live to a group of people, the following issues have came to light. (Some which have been confirmed already in my mind but this session has definitely helped).

Constructive Criticisms


Font- If i want emphasise my "brand" of work as mainly illustrative, the hand written text works but not currently how it is seen at the moment. Currently hard to read in large clumps, needs more spacing. If hand written it would appear more personal but also achieve the legibility required.
Brand- Again to emphasise the brand, my name needs to be on each page to made clear to the user.
Visually bottom heavy- There is a lot of empty space at the top of the website. Layout may need tweaking to remove scroll bar and balance out areas of text and strong black lines with finer lines.
Contact page- Email address is again to small. Illustration needs tweaking to make it easier to read.

However the hole thing functions well, the navigation is simply categorised to the user and not a bad job for my first attempt! I'm quite pleased with myself after all this stressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment